Sunday, June 3, 2007

Some Pictures

Last Sunday a student here at the Institute was baptized into the Catholic church. It was a beautiful and emotional ceremony, there wasn't a dry eye in the whole place. It was also the Bolivian Mother's day and the feast of Pentecost. Therefore, it was even more of an appropriate time for her, on many levels. I'm not sure than I have a lot more to say about it. I'm very touched that she chose to share this moment with us. Rumu is pictured below with her classmate, Matias. Matias is his Spanish name because I don't know how to spell his given Polish name.

Rumu taking her First Communion after baptism. It reminded me of my first time, the whole ceremony did in fact.
Kristen and I at the reception after the mass.
Everyone wanted to play with my camera that day. In the next shot, my friend Tim was playing photographer by yelling out commands to express a variety of emotions. That certainly isn't my surprised face so who knows.
Finally, a really sweet picture of the new Catholic and myself. I might even use the word precious.
So I am a little under the weather right now and not feeling very eloquent or long-winded. Hopefully the pictures are enough to suffice until I feel better.

1 comment:

Beau Blank said...

OK I'm going to confess that when I did the pros and cons of going on mission one of the "pros" was that I would lose the extra weight I was carrying. I'm sure that wasn't in your radar but you're lookin hotter! Abrazos fuertes de tu amigo ex-misionero.