Thursday, August 14, 2008
End Week 1 of classes
Thanks to everyone for the encouraging and supportive words. I wish I had the energy to give you a more full accounting of my first week as a fulltime computer teacher. I am up at 6am and leave the house at 7:30 to arrive between 8:15 and 8:30 for my first class which starts at 9am. I have one hour blocks of class from 9am to 6pm with a one hour break for lunch, five and a half days a week. You'll note the timestamp on this post. I need to be getting to sleep because 6am comes pretty early, as most of you readers know. I don't pretend to be special. Lots of people get up at 6am, or earlier. I digress. It has been a pretty boring week because I have to administer pre-tests to all the kids except for my Kindergarten students because they can't read. They have been a joy. They are currently playing a educational software program to learn how to use the mouse. They are incredibly fast learners and so enthusiastic and so exhausting!! I'll try and write a more detailed account at some point in the not too distant future but for now I will sum up. This has been a transformative week in my ministry here in Bolivia and while it has been a little boring and yet overwhelming I am looking forward to seeing how it unfolds.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
This is very exciting, Emily! You can cram everything into your day for a while until you get everything set up but then you need to step back and be sure you are taking care of yourself!!
your momma!!!
Hang in there, Emily. Trying to do something new is so tiring...the mental stress really takes a toll on me. I am sure that the work will get easier yet more rewarding as you and your students settle in.
We send lots of love to you!!!!
Carl and Susan
aw Emily, I cant say it enough.. im constantly impressed and amazed by your effort and selfishness. Reading your blogs helps me miss you less and helps me complain less. I mean...the fact that you are out there doing all this for others...and yet still manage to post blogs is incredible to me. I get cranky when ive worked all day and i know if i blogged after work..it would be a negative, angry, whiney, 5 paragraphy essay. I love you girl! You are amazing. Take it easy!
Love tiff
EMO!
Keep up the good work. Hope your ministry continues to go well.
Rick
Post a Comment