Thursday, July 9, 2009

New Blog

I have been working on a new project with some of my students. We are in the process of creating a bilingual intercultural blog. The vision is for my students to write blog entries in English and then readers can respond in either Spanish or English. This way all parties can participate in at least one aspect in their own language. The students are doing a great job of writing pieces that give insight into their daily lives. I am hopeful that, especially through the comments option, this blog will serve as a conduit for opening a dialogue and helping these kids broaden their horizons. We are still getting this project up and running but they have already written some entries and get so excited when they have comments to respond to. Whether you speak Spanish or not I encourage you to explore the blog and join in the intercultural experience. There is a translator on the page for those that want to participate in the foreign language portion.

http://proyecto-horizonte.blogspot.com/

Check it out and let me know what you think!

No comments: