Wednesday is the one day a week when I don't have to answer to anybody and needless to say it is the day I look forward to most. Because we are renting a house with the landlords' house connected we share the one laundry sink. Obviously they got first dibs on the weekend so we each have a day to wash laundry during the week. The other women that I live with get their laundry done either before work or after but since I have to leave the house at 8am and don't return until at least 5pm it would be mighty irritating to wake up early enough or come home from a long day and then spend a couple hours washing clothes. Additionally I work so far outside of the city that to take the morning off and go in just in the afternoon wouldn't be worth the commute. All of that is to say that I worked it out with the NGO to have Wednesdays completely off.
Wednesday is my day for washing my clothes and usually for catching up on paperwork for work so it isn't necessarily a completely free and relaxing day but the fact that I get to make my own schedule and change it at whim is very liberating. This morning after finishing the laundry I struck out with the intent purpose of getting my hair trimmed. After that I realized how close I was to the movie theater so decided to catch the matinee. Unfortunately, the only movie I thought might be worth seeing was dubbed in Spanish so I scratched that idea and went home to watch a movie instead.
Weekends are usually reserved for community type events. It is also not unusual for me to be out at work on the weekends as well. Not to say that I don't enjoy and need community and I am all to happy to sacrifice some weekend to be out in Mineros. I'm not sure if it is the nature of mission or the nature of being human but I really need at least one day a week of completely "me" time. I'm very thankful for my Wednesdays!
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment