Friday, November 13, 2009

Updates


(standing in front of Glaciar Perito Moreno just outside of El Calafate, Argentina)

Well I returned from my trip on Sunday 8 November, my three FMS Cochabamba community members left this morning and I am now residing in the Franciscan Social Center so I figure that it is time for some updates. The trip was incredible. I had a nasty cold during most of it so I didn't have a great time but now that I am healthy again and revising my 583 photos I am realizing how epic and amazing it was. Not that I had a bad time, I was just exhausted and couldn't really focus on being in the moment. There will be pictures posted to my web album as soon as I weed through them and get some captions written.
It was great to get back to work on Monday. I had really missed my students and was anxious to see how my replacement had done in my absence. It is with a somewhat jealous heart that I report that Miguel, the replacement, did a great job while I was gone. With my community members leaving this week and my moving into the center, I let Miguel continue to be in charge of classes. He is the new technology director and the sooner that everyone gets accustomed to that the easier it will be for him to do his job.
Ginny, my FMS orientation classmate/housemate, left this morning and considering the conflicts that we've had with the landlords I did not want to stay in that house without her. Luckily, Kristen and Richard also left this morning so I moved into their apartment in the Social Center. It was difficult this morning to do the last minute packing and cleaning and not be going home. I am not quite ready to head home yet but it is somewhat frustrating to know that in just three weeks I'll be packing and cleaning all over again. It would have been very easy to head to the airport this morning instead of the center but I am hopeful that this time alone will be reflective and productive as I begin to wrap up three years in the next three weeks.

2 comments:

PattiP said...

Emily - Sorry you were not in peak health for your adventure but this first picture still looks fabulous! Best wishes as you pack up to head home. Godspeed!

Mary said...

Don't be jealous, it just means that you trained him well. And that's a compliment to you.

Can't wait for you to get home. Seriously. Can't wait.