Thursday, January 18, 2007

happy now :-)

Pictures from Kim's Apartment:

this is the view from the porch in the front of the house and those mountains are north


this is my favorite, the view from the bathroom, i didn't realize how cloudy it was that day but use your imagination

from left to right: Rick, Kristen, Ginny, Kim, Ana, Jacy, and...me


Pictures from Betty's House (my host mom):

this is the anteroom as I called it, I took the picture standing in the door frame to my room and the other door is the door to the living room of the house. The window is to another bedroom in the house. You can see the roof and that is why it sounds like I'm outside when it rains, or when someone is blasting music.


The front of the house. The door to the left is the kitchen and the window is to my host mom's bedroom. There is a big courtyard and everything is fenced in but I dont have a picture of that right now.



the cuter of the two dogs that live with us, there are also two parrots. One of the parrots says "Chau" when you leave the house.


this is my room, you can't see my card table desk which is against the other wall, and that is the TV that I watch my three channels of english on. Pretty clean huh Dad?? I guess my habits change with the continent :-)


Is that good for now? I hope so because it takes awhile to upload the pictures.



6 comments:

Ray said...

HooRAY for pictures, pictures are good! :) Thanks!

SchoolAdmin.com said...

Hola, Emily! Thanks for the visuals! Looks cozy and comfortable, love the mountain views and I'm sure there will be times when the anteroom is very soothing.

Unknown said...

Great pics...thanks! OBTW, using a quick Google Spanish-English translator, I note that when the parrot says, "Chau", it means, "Chau." As there is no operational Google Parrot-English translator, well, I'm stumped. Nevertheless, I sense that you are delighted with the new-found experience of a clean bedchamber. Therefore, I'm guessing that "Chau", in Parrot, means "Keep your room clean."
:-)

Emily Ward said...

"Chau" is a Bolivian (South American) way of saying goodbye. Like the Italian "Ciao"

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the pictures. Great view of the mountains. Nice clean room (for now).

Susan A. said...

Thanks for the pics...we told Grandma A. about them tonight.