Tuesday, January 16, 2007

PICTURES!! are coming soon

It has been difficult to find a computer with an easily accessible USB port. On the upside, and this is VERY good news. The language institute has wireless internet and we can use it for free. Dad, you have probably already figured out this means that we can video chat! Tomorrow I will bring my laptop in and get it set up and I will post thousands of pictures so that you can get a visual of where I am. Above and beyond the internet the language school is more than I could have ever imagined. They are our one stop shop for success in Bolivia. They have offered us everything we could need, from a 24-7 invitation to call them if we need accompaniment to the hospital to a piece of candy if we have a craving. I am most impressed.

That is not to say that my first day of classes went well. I almost cried. I couldn´t pronounce the word for twenty, veinte, and it was really frusturating but I practiced at night and this morning and pulled my teacher aside and showed her and she was really happy. Today went better than yesturday definately. I was berading myself earlier because I feel like I´m not picking it up but then I tell myself it has only been two days.

The vegetarian meals continue to be delicious, and speaking of which it is getting close to that time so I need to get home. As a side note, the time stamps on my posts are way off so don´t pay attention to them.

I look forward to posting my pictures soon, as I´m sure you are looking forward to seeing them.

4 comments:

Ray said...

I'm glad to hear you will be accomodating our lofty demands :)

SchoolAdmin.com said...

Lots of good news! I'm so pleased that you have good connections to help you transition.

I never could roll my r's for Spanish and now I'm wondering what your teacher would think of the way I pronounce "veinte" -- probably she would frown. ;-)

Keep the info flowing!

Unknown said...

Your access to broadband sounds great. We'll need to arrange an online chat at a convenient time. At what frequency and time of day do you plan to connect to the Internet?

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the pronunciation stuff, it'll come with practice. Also switching from Aerman as a second language to Spanish is really tough because they have very different sounds. Don't sweat it though, you'll be hable-ing espanol in no time