Friday, February 9, 2007

Rainy Season

It is most assuredly the rainy season. We weren't sure for awhile but this week has been thunderstorms like crazy. Tuesday night was the largest thunderstorm I've experienced. Unfortunately, it came at about 3:30am and I scared myself. I saw that the front door had blown open and had convinced myself that there was in intruder in the house and that if I just closed my eyes and lay very still I would be okay. It was fun the next morning to talk with everyone and hear that nobody got sleep that night and were kept awake by the storm.

Yesterday we (Kristen, Rick, Ginny and myself) went to talk with the head of the Amanecer orphanage homes. All in all it was a pretty frustrated trip because she talked about "need" a lot and failed to talk at all about what kind of need that would be. I still have no idea where half the houses are or what I would be doing if I worked there. After the two hour "meeting" we parted ways and went home. Ginny and I are neighbors so we caught a taxi trufi and then had to walk 5 blocks from the stop. Almost immediately upon exiting the car it began to pour rain, I was pretty glad I decided to wear a white shirt that day. We passed under a tree and Ginny said that I should go on ahead and she would wait it out. I walked into the house to the sound of roaring laughter from Betty and her father. She did, however, fix me a cup of hot tea and brought me a towel. It wasn't soon after I had changed that it started to hail...in the house!! I was worried about Ginny but also had to worry about the waterfall of ice. As most summer storms do, it only lasted about an hour everybody survived.

If you scroll down to the Jan. 22nd entry and look at the first picture you'll see a square hole in the door. That is so that we can lock and unlock the door from the outside. As I was going to school yesterday, Golfi the youngest of my two dogs, jumped into the square hole and wiggled his way through and started following me to school. I need to feed him more of my food under the table so he gets too fat to do that anymore. I brought him back to the house and he didn't do it again. I was telling Betty about it later and she said:

"Está bien, ellos revolven después quince minutos. Ellos tienen miedo de la calle"

I laughed and laughed. She said "It's okay, they come back after 15 minutes. They have fear of the street" You probably had to be there, but I still laugh when I think about it.

2 comments:

SchoolAdmin.com said...

Hail IN the house?

Mary said...

Ellos son perros muy buenos. A mi me gustan.